Wild Art at the Museo de Bellas Artes in Córdoba

Alicia Girl With Hybrid Bird-Human

There’s potential world-class artistry to be found everywhere, and  Córdoba, Argentina’s cultural fortitude isn’t lacking.

Recently, I’ve  tried to make it a point to visit an art museum in every city I stop in.  I figured that sometimes I’ll get lucky and see something fantastic.  I thought this was the case in Gallery Two of  the Museo Provincial de Bellas Artes Emilio Caraffa.  Names can be long in Argentina.

The art featured in Sala 2 is called Alicia or Alice in Wonderland and is the astonishing work of Pat Andrea, whose paintings represent Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland.

Be warned, some of the art is graphic and may appear a little bit twisted.

Girl Skating Here I see imagination running wild.

Alicia Really TwistedHere I see a deeply twisted and detailed collage.

Alicia TwistedHorror?  Sports?  Slavery?  There’s so much going on.

Alicia BodiesAnother collage of bodies and a cat. Wild enough?

Pink Pig HowlingThis is part of the display so I couldn’t help but include it.

Have you noticed that every painting except the first one includes some form of feline?

It’s not often I come across such wild creations.  How about you?

19 Responses to Wild Art at the Museo de Bellas Artes in Córdoba

1. A touch of madness reflects from these :)

2. Marysia says:

I always visit modern and contemporary museums in the countries I travel to understand which direction art is moving, but I’m a bit of an art freak :) I love everything what is slightly unreal, quirky and weird so I would love this exhibition!

3. David says:

I need to start visiting more art museums and galleries when I travel … that was pretty wild!

4. Agness says:

Believe me or not, but I used to pain a lot of pictures and portraits and I’m a big fan of art galleries so this place will be definitely on my list when visiting Cordoba. I agree, these pictures are quirky, but also so fascinating to me!

• Mike says:

AGNESS: Yes! This gallery was so different. I usually don’t tend to post about museums I visit but I couldn’t resist sharing some photos from this one.

5. memographer says:

Unbelievable imagination! Very impressive art.
    Thanks for sharing, Mike! Added the Museo de Bellas Artes in Córdoba to my To-Do-Go List.

• Mike says:

MEMOGRAPHER: Seriously, I’ve never come across art like that. It’d be awesome if you made it to Córdoba as it’s a real nice city.

6. Maria Falvey says:

Wow! The creativity and imaginative flow of these.

7. Anwesha says:

I wonder what went through the artist’s mind while creating these. I wouldn’t have associated much imagery with Alice in Wonderland but after seeing these, strangely, I find them fitting. Hmmm. Going back to the book again.

8. Pru says:

I just realized I never commented on this, but what a great post/interesting art.

9. Whoa…..Graphic wise, I can appreciate the artistry. I’m with you, there’s so much going on. I don’t want to overthink it and go as far as the inside of the artist’s brain to figure out what what he wished to convey. Sometimes it’s not worth figuring it out. I’ll just take the at face value as being- wild, interesting and very feline – ish! :) Interesting museum find, Mike.

10. Freya says:

I don’t go to museums that often but this one looks very interesting. Wild creations indeed, never seen anything like that. As I mentioned very interesting.